Sell individual blog articles, digital content and products like videos, eBooks or PDF files and receive tips and donations through your website.
With BTCPayWall you can offer single blog posts (pay-per-post), videos (pay-per-view), digital products and Bitcoin donations and your customers can conveniently pay via Bitcoin and Lightning.
- Pay-per-post for the sale of individual blog posts and newspaper articles
- Pay-per-view for the sale of videos that are played directly
- Content store for selling digital files that are downloaded
- Tipping for receiving donations and tips
Pay for a single blog article (pay-per-post)
Readers don’t want to sign up for a long-term subscription if you want to read a specific article spontaneously.
Readers are quite willing to pay something for high-quality content if it can be done quickly, anonymously and without logging in or registering.
With the WordPress BTCPayWall plugin, publishers can offer a Bitcoin paywall for almost any WordPress content, which can be unlocked via Bitcoin payment through the Lightning Network.
The visitor is shown a free preview of the post. If the reader decides to read the full post, scanning the QR code will unlock the full post.
The user does not have to log in or register beforehand, nor does he have to take out a subscription. In the pay-per-post process, the user only pays for the content that interests him.
Payment per video (pay-per-view)
Sell digital content that is played directly. With the Content Store View module, you can offer videos or audio files to your visitors for a fee and have them played directly on your own website.
Instead of offering your video for free on YouTube or Vimeo, you can generate additional revenue with BTCPayWall.
Digital Store for digital products
With the Digital Store you can sell your digital products and the customer can download these digital products to his computer.
The Digital Store allows you to sell digital products such as eBooks and PDF files.
Accept Bitcoin donations & tips
Receive financial support from visitors to your site in the form of a tip payment or a donation to a larger project.
The Tipping Module has a variety of templates with different formats, which can be easily integrated into your own website.
BTCPayWall Advantages for the customer
Customers do not want to sign up for lengthy subscriptions when they really only want to read a single article.
The user wants to buy digital content spontaneously and anonymously and avoid a lengthy sign-up and registration process, with the disclosure of a variety of personal data.
The advantages of BTCPayWall for the customer
- No login or registration required
- No transmission of personal data (privacy) required
- No lengthy subscription process if you only want to read a single article
- Fast and easy payment via Bitcoin and Lightning
BTCPayWall Advantages for the publisher
Sell high quality content to readers willing to pay who do not want to subscribe but are willing to pay for a single and high quality article.
Publishers can become independent from banner ads, Google and clickbait content and focus more on high quality content that readers are willing to pay for.
The advantages of BTCPayWall for the publisher
- Generate revenue for your high-quality content and make yourself independent from banner ads.
- With BTCPayWall, you can make money without forcing users to sign up for a monthly membership.
- Offer free posts on your blog with pay-per-post and especially high-quality blog articles are offered for a small fee.
- Each article has a free part and at a certain point the article becomes paid.
Digital content is paid for via Bitcoin and Lightning payment methods.
The payment processing is done via BTCPay Server or via opennode.
You can use your own BTCPay server or share the BTCPay server of BTCPayWall.
A connection to the Bitcoin and Lightning payment provider opennode is also available.